Thursday, February 12, 2009

let's talk jeans

I wanted to back up a minute and talk about trying to find the perfect pair of jeans/pants. I am always on the hunt at least once a year to replenish or replace the ones I wore out the prior year. Never easy. So I have a couple slam dunks that I think are tried and true. For everyone and every shape and size. The Gap offers a large range of styles, denim colors, lengths, etc. And the best part, they are not going to break the bank. I have found some of my favs. there over the years. But....the thing is you may want to stock up and buy a few cause the next season they may have changed that style a bit.

I found the "perfect" pair (and bought 3) right after the birth of my second daughter. I felt so happy to be actually wearing "normal" not maternity clothing that I wanted to kiss the woman ringing me up at the register. I went on and on how she had made my day and was thrilled beyond belief. So it came time the next year to replace those suckers that I wore into the ground. Sad news they weren't the same style/fit but -there is a good but - I found some replacements nonetheless.

So the good ol' Gap has saved me in the jeans dept. over the years. I recommend the darker the better as far as denim color. No black cause it fades to gray in a heart beat. I like the boot cut or flared styles and are flattering to most. I think the low rise actually do make your rear look smaller but you have to be careful with the bending over thing....word to the wise.

And yes -the white jeans you can wear with ANYTHING. So if you have a few white jeans/capris you can virtually have endless possibilities. Same with blue denim. I just get a base of pants and then switch the tops around and keep it easy and straight forward. I told some friends once that I try to have things that work well together so if you had to close your eyes and reach in your closet to pick out an outfit you'd end up with something that worked together.

I'll post some ideas in the weeks to come on necklines and basic forms of clothing for body types, colors for skin types/hair color for those who are inquiring.

Another newly discovered jean to me in the last year - is !iT Jeans. You can find them locally at Frankly Basic in Crestwood- I believe they still carry them - or at Nordstroms and of course online. The styles I like are - now I didn't come up with the names or by no means buy them for the names - Diva and Hottie - both of which I am not. But funny names to say the least.



3 comments:

  1. OK, I must preface these questions with the fact that I am fashion-challenged. Can you wear white jeans all year round? Also, I love the butt reducing low risers, but it makes for the belly dunlap (you know, My belly done lap over). Any suggestions? I have heard of 'spanks' but I'm not sure what they are. Thanks for coming to the rescue! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just wrote a novel to answer you wonderful question. And then it was gone.

    Okay so white. I know there is a new rule that there is no rule. I am old fashioned when it comes to white, no white after labor day and before easter - something like that. No white shoes but on babies and brides.

    I wear white pants in the summer and spring. White tops year round and no white shoes ever.

    The jeans question is I think you could go with a mid rise cause any higher may do the oppposite for anyone's rear no matter your shape. Some low rise are not that low - just below your belly button.

    Spanks are more of a smoothing and sucking type thin girdle you wear say under a dress or pants you don't want to have underwear lines. I beleive they have one to wear under tops. I feel that is too many layers and get too hot. But if it suits you then give it a try. I think finding the right style of top is key. The right waist length longer so when you raise your hands your shirt doesn't come up too. I'll talk more about trying to find the perfect tee in the weeks to come.

    I appreciate your question and good luck. Why don't we set up an appt. and I can help you find your perfect fit top and jeans.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. MarSu, I did just find out there is also spanx underwear. That may be a possibilty. There is a spanx website - www.spanx.com all about body shaping.

    ReplyDelete