Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My standard side salad

This is my standard salad. I use red leaf lettuce, chopped pecans, dried cranberries or cherries and shaved fresh parmesan cheese (optional). You can use however much you want or little and omit the things you dislike and add other nuts or dried fruit. In the summer, I add fresh chopped tomatoes. So here is the dressing recipe.

1 package of Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
(I follow the instructions on back)
1/4 c. vinegar - I use balsamic or red wine
3 Tbsp. of water
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
a few dashes of dill weed - dried dill weed in the spice and seasoning section of grocery store

Then I shake and let it chill awhile (if making in advance.) I've been known to make it a few moments before making the salad and it is still fine. It will keep for a few weeks. To make the dressing, I reuse glass containers from pasta sauce or you can purchase the Cruet that comes with the mix. Whatever works for you. Then I just add how ever much dressing to the lettuce, etc. and then toss, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment