Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pillows and throws




A quick and easy way to breathe new life into a living space is add some comfy pillows and a cozy throw. I like to mix solid color pillows among patterned or striped. If you have the inserts, you can always change out your current cover with a new one instead of buying new pillows all together. Also, pillow covers with zippers makes washing or dry cleaning very easy. I usually wash mine on cold and gentle then lay flat to dry. I think it does the trick rather than dry cleaning. As far as size, I like to mix sizes of pillows such as 18” with 22” square. I prefer down inserts as they are more comfortable and not so stiff as the poly fill.

I bought this throw from sferra linens about four years ago. It is made of the softest cotton, washes well (normal cycle and low heat dryer), and comes in lots of great colors. I remember having a tough time choosing a color since there were so many appealing ones. These are great for naps, curling up by the fire, and provide the perfect amount of warmth.
Here are some ideas for pillows and throws:
Check out Pottery Barn , Crate and Barrel, and CB2 for more ideas - too many to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment