Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Food inspriration

I recently met a close friend in Lawrence, KS for lunch with my girls at Milton’s. I ordered the huevos rancheros and it was so good. I took a stab at making something similar at home and it turned out great. Most of the ingredients are items you may have but can easily buy at the store. It’s a meal you can fix anytime of day, filling, and healthy.

Makes 4 tortillas

4 Large eggs -Prepare scrambled eggs according to your liking
4 flour or whole wheat tortillas
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 small can of green chilies drained
½ c. or more bottled salsa
1 ½ c. Monterey jack cheese

My measurements are not exact as I just eyeball what looks enough so add more if you would like more.

Preheat oven to 350. Once you have scrambled the eggs, then I take a spoonful of egg and put on flat tortilla, add a spoonful of black beans, and pour a bit of salsa on top, maybe 1 TBS.

Then I roll up and place fold side down on a greased glass Pyrex cooking pan. Once I have prepared all four tortillas following the steps above, then I sprinkle cheese and spread the green chilies on top. Place pan in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. I served this for dinner the other night with some fresh fruit. A quick and easy meal.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! You make it all look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a former life, I decided to go on a quest for the best huevos rancheros...every chance I got I ordered it. It is one of my faves and your can really vary it to your liking. Locally, Ponaks has a great version. Can't wait to try yours!

    ReplyDelete