Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tried, tested, and approved

Bibimap-I subscribe to this fresh and chock full of goodness magazine, Cookie, and it is geared for parents but has great articles for everyone. This month has a couple really good recipes using eggs. My husband has high cholesterol so I have to use them sparingly but I do think eggs are a great meat and protein alternative. In addition, I am trying to branch out and try ground turkey instead of my go to meat, chicken. So in this recipe, I used ground turkey and I was skeptical at first, but it tasted great and was not at all greasy like beef. This dish comes together quick and although the ingredients sound strange, it some how works and was a home run especially with us grown-ups. I set aside the meat and rice for the girls and did not assemble like ours, as they are extremely picky. If you are a vegetarian you could use tofu or a meat substitute when it calls for turkey, beef, etc. Another tip, I used long grain brown rice and steamed the vegetables. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome. I'm going to try it this week with the tofu and will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete